Merry Christmas! (Don’t worry, we wrote and scheduled this post way back in October — we’re not quite that obsessive about our blogging!)
When creating your website, it’s important to think about quality and focus on this as it’s the right way to approach SEO ranking. Video SEO can help you to make an impact on the ranking of your site and this article will focus on the ways you can make this possible.
Provide Value – it’s important to provide an amazing experience for your audience and it’s important to be relevant to your customers and not to the robots:
- Solve Problems and Provide Information – video content that helps your audience to solve problems or gives them important information that they find useful and relevant is considered great content and it’s very cheap to create.
- Easy to Browse Videos – if you group your video into some kind of order by topic or content then this will make your videos easier to search for your customers. Have a separate landing page for the videos so search engines can find each individual video and index it. Make sure your video content is of good quality.
- Be Interactive – when your videos are viewed you have the perfect opportunity to keep them engaged with added interactive content like further video links, quizzes and surveys or encourage them to take action.
Think Long Term – it’s important to stick to the basics and use common sense when using video:
- Think About Metadata – rich metadata and smart content organization can provide a way to use keywords that may not be easy to be noticed, using hidden tags in the HTML code of the landing pages can be very useful.
- Create Transcriptions – they can have a great impact on your ranking. If you create a video, create a transcript of the content and allow your viewers to read the content if they are unable to listen to the video. A transcript can also provide rich keyword content for search engine needs and you can also use this as a basis for blog posts where you can link back to your video.
- Use Your Own Domain for Hosting – hosting your videos on your own domain will help you to build a video sitemap and you won’t need to give away your videos to another website that will take credit for your content.
- Create A Video Sitemap – you need to link your videos to a landing page and create a video gallery. You can find online video platforms that can automate the video sitemap for you.